Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Imagination Wonderland


It's been a busy couple weeks. Tom's busiest endeavor has been the remodeling of our backyard "playground". Our kids now have a beautiful little playhouse complete with a trap door, climbing wall, a roof with tar paper and shingles, three windows and two doors!
Tom is now a lovely shade of tan and his hair is a bit sun bleached. But, other than the bothersome heat, I think he's enjoyed the project. The kids are having a ball. Tonight, we ate our dinner in the little house and fun was had by all.
I've been dealing with some neck pain again. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and am once again back to weekly appointments to get the pain under control. Sheesh.
Last week, we had dinner with some neighbor friends. This Kurdish family is absolutely wonderful. I can't tell you how beautiful it is to spend time with a family that has ever only known war and tragedy and listen to them laugh and joke and smile. They are really something. And, they really know how to cook! We started our visit at 10 AM and stayed till almost 7 PM! We learned how to make two new dishes: Dulma and Beryani. Yum. I may be spelling them wrong. Our hosts took some photos of the festivities. When I get a copy, I'll add the photos and some recipes!
For now, I think I'll sign off and do some Sunday School prep for the AM. I hope you're all well and have a wonderful Lord's day tomorrow.
Love,
Rachel

No comments: