Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Thirty-Four Again

Yes, I'm thirty-four again. No, I'm not denying my true age by clinging to last year's age. I simply miscalculated last year. I know it's a sign that life is a little too hectic for me, but at least I didn't miscalculate something more serious. And, imagine my joy when I realized I wasn't thirty-five yet!

To celebrate, our family had lunch at Buca Di Beppo. As a special suprise, Tom and the kids purchased a lovely brown wicker chair to sit on our front porch. The idea is that the chair is my special quiet place to sit and read a book, pray, etc. I tried it out and had to chuckle at the results. I sat down with my book and in a matter of seconds, all of my children were seated next to me. One by one the questions started, "What book are you reading mommy?" "What is that chapter about?" "Do you like the book, Mommy?" They are sweet kids. And I don't suspect life will be quiet around here any time soon. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: